PHUSE takes your right to privacy seriously, and we want you to feel comfortable using our Wiki site. To better protect your privacy, we are providing this Policy to explain our online information practices and the choices that you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
The PHUSE Wiki is founded on a simple principle that more can be done together than working alone. We are unable to work collectively without gathering, sharing and analysing information about our users, as we seek new ways in which to make the site more useable, safer and more beneficial.
Collection of Information:
We collect certain information when you:
- register for an account
- make public contributions
- access any area of the Wiki site
- send us an email, participate in a survey or give feedback.
As a Wiki user we at PHUSE will:
- use reasonable measures to keep your information secure
- never sell your information or share it with third parties for marketing purposes – we will only use your information to make the site more engaging and accessible
- only share your information in limited circumstances, to comply with the law or to protect you and others.
As a Wiki Project Lead and/or participant:
- Your name, company and email address are listed under your Working Group Project and are visible to others.
- While your details are listed (name, company and email address) we will not sell or share your information with third parties however your details may be used by third parties accessing the PHUSE Wiki site.
- As a Wiki Project Lead and/or participant you have the option to have your details (name, company and email address) listed as part of the project that you are working on or to have them removed. You are able to amend and remove your details yourself alternatively, or they can be removed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware:
- Any content you add or change within the Wiki site will be publicly and permanently available.
- The PHUSE Wiki site is a self-policing site. While administrators and moderators of the site will attempt to remove or edit any general objectionable material as quickly as possible it is impossible to review every message.
Types of Information We Receive from You, How We Get It and How We Use It
Your public contributions:
- Our Wiki site was created to help you share your knowledge. When you make a contribution to any Wiki page including discussion pages you are creating a permanent public record for every piece of content that is added, removed or altered in any way. The page history will show when your contribution was made, amended or deleted along with your username.
We may use public contributions along with the public contribution of others on an individual basis, to both create new features or data-related products for you and to learn more about how our Wiki site is used.
- You should assume that the information you actively contribute to our Wiki site (including any personal information) is publicly visible and can be found by search engines. Anything you share may be copied and redistributed throughout the internet by other people. Do not contribute any information that you are uncomfortable with being made permanently public.
- You should be aware that specific data made public by you can be used by anyone for analysis and to infer information about users, such as their country of residence and gender.
Account Information & Registration
- In order to comment or contribute to a new or existing Wiki page we require you to register for an account. We only require a username, email address and password. Your username will be publicly visible, so please consider the username that you use. Your password is used to initially verify your account and for you to gain access. No other personal information is required.
- Only your username will be visible on the created or amended Wiki page(s). No other personal information is visible or accessible by others accessing the Wiki site unless your details have been listed as a Project Lead or Project Participant.
- Please note that if you are just visiting the site and not adding to or amending content, you do not need to register for an account.
- Once created, user accounts cannot be removed entirely although, if requested, we are able to hide them.
Information Related to Your Use of the Wiki Site
We want to make the site better for you by learning more about how you use it. Examples of this may be:
- how often you visit the site;
- areas you visit;
- what you like; and
- what you find helpful.
Information We Receive Automatically
Due to the way in which browsers work we receive certain information automatically when you visit our Wiki site. This includes:
- the type of device you are using
- the type and version of your browser
- your browser’s language preference
- the type and version of your operating system
- the website that referred you to our site
- which pages you request and visit
- the date and time of each request you have made to the Wiki site.
Information We Collect
- We actively collect certain information through the use of ‘cookies’ and ‘locally sourced data technologies’. Locally stored data can be anything from text, pictures and whole articles to personal information such as your email address and use of the Wiki site, for example your username and time of visit.
- We use this information to make your experience with the Wiki site safer and better, to gain a greater understanding of users’ preferences and their interaction with the site.
- We believe this data collection helps improve your user experience; however, you may remove or disable some or all locally stored data through your browser settings. While locally sourced data may not be necessary for our site some features may not function properly if you disable locally stored data.
- As a Wiki user your email address is kept confidential however as a Project Lead and/or participant your email address, name and company name are visible.
- As a Wiki participant you have the option to have your details listed as part of a project or to have them removed. As a Wiki user you are able to amend and remove your details yourself (if listed as part of a project) alternatively they can be removed by emailing email@example.com.
- We do not sell, rent or use your email address to advertise third-party products or services to you.
- We use your email address to let you know about things that are happening within PHUSE, to update you on important information about your account and to let you know if there are changes to the PHUSE website or policies.
- Please note that if you email us, we may keep your message, email address and any other information you provide, to process and respond to your request.
- You can choose to limit some of these notifications by going to your notification preferences.
- We will never ask for your password but may send you a temporary password via email if you have requested a password reset.
Surveys & Feedback
- Participating in optional surveys or providing feedback helps us make the Wiki site better. As every survey and request for feedback may be used for various purposes, we will tell you at the time of the request how we plan on using your answers and any personal information provided. If you do not feel comfortable with how we plan on using the survey or feedback, you are not obligated to participate.
Our Contact with You
- At PHUSE, we may occasionally keep you informed of PHUSE events by email. Should you no longer wish to receive this information from us you are able to opt out at the bottom of the email.
How to Contact Us
For comments and/or questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us via postal mail at:
Kent Innovation Centre
Kent CT10 2QQ