For Our Members: 2019's achievements and what's planned for 2020
We have achieved a great deal in 2019 and want to go even further with member engagement in 2020!
Some of our membership highlights for 2019
Changes at PHUSE
- The PHUSE brand has been redesigned demonstrating the move from PhUSE, a Society with many global members outside of the pharma industry – to a global community of clinical data scientists.
- The launch of the PHUSE App at the EU Connect 2019, which will enable attendees to remain up to date with event news and activities.
- PHUSE Members Blog: This blog is exclusive to our members, and made up of seven exciting categories – Events Travel Across the Globe, Industry Hot Topics, Kirk's Korner, Looking for a Change?, Off the Shelf, Starter for 10 and Working Groups News. This online publication contains regular updates around all things PHUSE, including interviews, industry articles, job opportunities and reviews!
- Huge educational development opportunities are available for members and their colleagues by actively working with industry peers in one of our working groups, as a committee member at events, or presenting.
- Educational development opportunities can be found on PHUSE Education, 2019 saw the launching of: Knowledge Repository, Data Science project and Code repository.
Our Working Groups have had an extraordinary year, delivering further industry-relevant content for:
- the Analysis Data Reviewer’s Guide (ADRG) package
- the Clinical Study Data Reviewer’s Guide (cSDRG) package including the Legacy Data Conversion Plan and Report (LDCP) appendix
- three White Papers for Data Transparency
- Cloud Adoption Framework Documents for Emerging Trends & Technologies
- Define-XML Codelist Recommendations for Nonclinical Topics
- two White Papers for Optimizing the Use of Data Standards
- Script Metadata Recommendations for Sharing for Standard Analyses & Code Sharing.
EU Connect 2019, Amsterdam
- This year’s EU Connect will take place 10–13th November. A record number of abstracts – just over 300 – were submitted for this event, translating to 150 presentations and nearly 30 posters in 18 Streams.
- For the first time dual-formatted Streams, will occur for Professional Development, Personnel Management and Leadership and Innovation.
- The EU Connect 2019 will see the launch of the PHUSE App.
Complimentary access to 20 SDEs in the Americas, APAC, and EMEA regions
- In June 2019, Copenhagen celebrated its 10th SDE, and on 1st November, the Society will host its 150th SDE, in Shanghai, China.
- SDE attendance thus far has ranged from 55, for a return visit to Mississauga, Ontario, to a record-breaking 248 members attending the Bengaluru SDE in July – the highest number of members to attend an SDE to date. Seven SDEs remain for 2019 within the Americas, APAC and EMEA regions
Ability to attend the US Computational Science Symposium (CSS)
- Nearly 260 members attended the 8th CSS in June, where 4 workshops were held, with 7 keynote speakers from the FDA.
- 45 posters were submitted for the CSS – the most ever received for this event – with 36 posters accepted and presented
US Connect 2019 Baltimore
- 550 delegates attended the second PHUSE US Connect, with keynote speakers Dr Mitra Ahadpour, FDA and Dr Steven J. Hausman. The theme was Data-driven Science, and the event held 14 Streams, 6 concurrent sessions, 140+ podium presentations and 20 poster presentations.
- Topics have ranged from the launch of new Working Groups projects, PHUSE Board updates, membership information, information sessions on upcoming events and reviews of those events, and updates on project collaborations with the FDA and other partners.
The PHUSE Board
- The Board of Directors has undergone considerable change during the past 15 years. Two new appointments have been made for 2019: Sangeeta Bhattacharya is our new Global Membership Director and Lisa Brooks now holds the new position of Collaborations Director.
What’s planned for 2020?
- US Connect Orlando, Florida and the PHUSE/FDA Innovation Challenge
- EU Connect (the venue/country won’t be announced until the end of the EU Connect 2019)
- US CSS Silver Spring
- Up to 20 SDEs worldwide
- Continued diverse range of topics for Webinar Wednesdays
- More Working Groups projects submissions and deliverables.
Posted by Kayley Phillpott on
28 October 2019 at 12:00 AM